CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Pracitcally Perfect in Every Way



Ever since the move, about a month ago, DD has determined that he is too mature to waste his time napping. We therefore have comprimised on having a quiet time break. Every day I give hime the option of sitting on his bed reading books or sitting on the couch watching a video. (Duh mom, video of course.) And every day we have the opportunity to invite "Poppins" into our home. Granted, I do find it a joy to watch my sometimes-sweet little boy skip around the family room singing, "Fly a kite! Highest Heights! Fly a kite! Send it soaring!" There have also been many a day he has requested that Poppins comes over to clean up his room. (Which I of course would never object to.)


During DD's quiet time I usually get a break to read emails, watch TV or fold laundry in my room. I rationalize this, or course, by reminding myself that Mary Poppins is a nanny by profession and, therefore, it is like she is nannying my child. (For the low DVD price of $19.99.)


But today, Poppins is busted... I came downstairs to a new series of dents in our 3-week old entertainment center. When questioned as to where the dents came from sometimes-sweet DD, he looked up at me and straight faced told me, matter-of-factly, "Poppins did it, mommy." Obviously I did the only logical thing any mother would do, I explained that if Poppins did something like that again, DD would have to sit in time out and wouldn't be able to watch Poppins. I think I got my message across when he stuck his tiny, fat, finger out and said, pointing to the DVD Player, "Poppins, no! Don't do that again!"


So much for being practically perfect in every way; that Poppins is no good!

3 comments:

Chris and Tara Mason said...

That is too funny! I think it's clever that he wants Poppins to come and clean up his room - maybe it's me, but I think that's pretty awesome for a two year old to come up with that!! :)

Chris and Tara Mason said...

Oh wait - one more thing ....
I call Daniel "DD" and I refer to both of the boys as "The Monkeys." Interesting .... :)

Kristen said...

Hi Jennifer! I'm so glad you have a blog now! Now I can see what you're up to! :)
welcome to the wonderful world of blogging bliss, or something.